Ontario's 5-in-1 Newborn Bundle Is One Stop Shopping
How To Register Your Baby Online - Everything You'll Need To Know
TORONTO — The top baby names in Ontario for 2020 were Olivia and Noah. Olivia has now been the top baby girl name in Ontario for over a decade, with 11 consecutive years in the number one spot. Charlotte also continues as the second-most popular name for girls. Noah took the top spot as the most popular name for boys for the second year in a row, with Liam following closely behind. This year we also welcome Isla, Theodore, and Leo to the top 10.
The top 10 names for girls and boys, respectively, in 2020 were:
Parents should register their child's birth within 30 days of welcoming their newborns.
“We’re making it easier than ever for Ontario parents to register their newborns through our refreshed 5-in-1 Newborn Bundle service, letting parents apply for critical documents like their child’s birth certificate and Social Insurance Number in one hassle-free application,” said Ross Romano, Minister of Government and Consumer Services. “Young families can now conveniently take care of these essentials online, right from the comfort of their own home, and spend more time focusing on their new addition.”
ServiceOntario's 5-in-1 Newborn Bundle was updated this past fall, making it even easier to register a birth. The refreshed Newborn Bundle allows parents to quickly apply for their child’s birth certificate, Social Insurance Number, Canada Child Benefits (including the Ontario Child Benefit), and Education Savings Referral service all through one application.
When a child is born in Ontario, their birth needs to be registered with the Government of Ontario, within 30 days.
5-in-1 newborn bundle
Using the 5-in-1 newborn bundle is free and it is quicker to register a birth online than to submit a paper Statement of Live Birth form by mail.
If you register the birth online, you can also do the following at the same time:
- a birth certificate or birth certificate with parental information
- a Social Insurance Number (SIN)
- Canada child benefits (this includes the Ontario specific child benefits)
- request a Education Savings Referral
Register a birth online
Before you register, make sure you:
- are eligible
- have:the baby’s date of birth
- the baby’s name and parental information (e.g., parents’ names, date of birth and place of birth)
- the name of the hospital or birthing centre
- the name of the person who delivered the baby (doctor, nurse practitioner, midwife or other)
- the baby’s weight
- the length of the pregnancy in weeks
You can Also:
- You can choose a parental title
- Baby 1 year or older
- Baby with a single name
- Baby with a different last name from the parent(s)
- Births through assisted reproduction, surrogacy, or with three or four parents
- Sex designation
* Service Ontario’s 5-in-1 Newborn Bundle was the first of its kind in Canada when it launched in 2007. More than 1.6 million births have been registered in Ontario using the service.
* Recent upgrades to the Newborn Bundle include providing customers with a more user-friendly experience, whether from a desktop computer or mobile device.
* The government is making it easier for Ontarians to complete essential transactions online, with over 40 services available through ServiceOntario 24 hours a day, seven days a week.